Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  It seems the best solution is to go Logitech wireless vs HP.  Since then, I have gonew with Asus computers and logitech wireless  keyboard and mouse.  

HP, for the lack of a horshoe . . . . . . a war was lost.  You need to provide all the horeshoes for your equipment.

HP Recommended

Thank god, I was accedently directed to the site. In the process of ordering 37 HP wireless keyboards and mice as part of a tech refresh to get away from wired. So if i understand correctly, there is no 'universal' doggle replacement in the event one is lost or taken? I would have to buy a whole new combo? Guess I'll investigate the logitech route. Sorry HP, you may have lost a potential customer.

HP Recommended

Quoted text: "Wireless keyboards and mice like OP's use RF technology and they are paired with the receiver at the factory.  You can't just use any RF receiver.  That's why you don't have to pair it manually when you plug it in like you do with Bluetooth."

I think you may be right in some cases but not all cases.

The HP mouse I bought (HP Star Wars mouse) came with a pamphlet about "HP Link-5" technology which states "HP Link-5 technology makes it easy to link up to five compatible HP wireless mice or keyboards to the same USB micro receiver".

I doubt there are any existing packages that contain five or more HP mice and keyboards. It is implied that you can  purchase the mice and keyboards separately then pair them at home and work (etc) to a single dongle.

Furthermore, the mouse I bought has a button for pairing labelled "Connect" and the mouse's pamphlet depicts the user moving the mouse around while it pairs.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

i attempted to place a web-form to HP support but there is no Serieal Number which is required field.

I am curious if there is a replacement USB blue-tooth if we give the data on the back of the mouse?

HP Recommended
Are you certain it's Bluetooth and not RF?
HP Recommended

@brianhj wrote:
Are you certain it's Bluetooth and not RF?

@thanks, @brianhj -sorry! it is RF...(which is what I meant)

That is what I was thinking that IJ could give the RF related data on the back. (for H1D34AA) and I could get the proper USB RF reciever.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.