Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-d0609nz All-in-One PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently bought an All in One PC "HP Pavilion 27-d0609nz". This is my first AIO PC. Until now, I only had desktops and notebooks.

The fan is loud and is working continously.

In my point of view the fan is very loud for a AIO PC.

Is there an opportunity to optimise the fan settings?

Thanks for your support

FRH27

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FRH27 

If you're asking if there are ways to silence the fan -- the answer is NO.  The fan speed is automatically governed by the heat produced inside the AIO.  If you find a utility to slow down the PC, all that will do is cause the PC to crash from overheating.  In many cases, that "fries" the processor and will trash the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I can't believe this loud fan is normal for a new AiO. For a desktop computer that can be positioned under the desk, that might be fine. But not for a monitor (AiO) that is right in front of you.

Have you heard of other complaints about the same problem (similar products)?

HP Recommended

@FRH27 

What you're missing is that All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops but with external mice and keyboards, and the primary complains for loud fans come from laptop owners, not desktop owners.  The issues that plague laptops, like lack of space, closely placed components that get hot, and small fans -- all these also plague All-in-Ones.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.