Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b277na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to buy the Pavilion 24-b277na, and looking up the specs on the HP website, I can see the Palau 2GF motherboard supports an M.2 SSD (http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-24-b200-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/13823536/docume...).

Since the computer only comes with an HDD, I'd like to fit a small SSD into the M.2 slot. However, after a bit of reading it seems there's SATA M.2s and NVMe M.2s. I can't find out which type is supported by the computer. I'm also unclear on PCIe support - I looked up a review of a SATA Samsung 850 evo M.2, which states it doesn't support PCIe so many motherboards may not support it.

So, does the computer support NVMe M.2s, and do I have to worry about PCIe support if I get a SATA M.2?

Thanks in advance 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Dear customer,

i'll suggest using  Sandisk  M.2, 2242, Z400s, 128GB, SATA3 which is used in the same product but different model.

HP Recommended

In my device (a232ur) plastic slot for second M.2 card is not installed!palau.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello Screenjam

I believe this PC only supports M.2 SATA transfer rates because the open slot on the connector is on the left.

PCIe 3x4 M.2  motherboard connectors have the open slot fives pins from the right side of the connector.

The BIOS would also have to have options to use the M.2 stick as a PCIe 3x4 data transefer rates.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Given that some Palau 2GF motherboards don't have the plastic connector on the motherboard to insert an m.2 SATA (as pointed out by mrMonday), was anyone able to add an m.2 SATA to the Pavilion 24-b200 family of AIOs?

If not, was it due to the lack of the plastic connector or lack of BIOS support or some other reason?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The HP Pavilion 27-a227c computer uses the Palau-2GF motherboard also, and comes with a 128GB M.2 SATA3 drive as well as an SATA3 1TB 7200 rpm (has a 3.5 in the parts list - size?) mechanical drive to the best of my knowledge. The parts list for the Pavilion 27-a227c specifies m.2 SATA. The HP part number for the SATA3 M.2 drive is 901161-800. This drive is used for other models also. The other M.2 slot for the wlan (3168.NGWG M.2 MOW) is a 2230 size. The picture of the motherboard for the m.2 SSD looks like a standard 2242 size with the single hold down screw.

I did find a picture of the 901161-800 part number (www.hardware.nl) and it looks like a standard SSD, so there may be an adapter or carrier involved.

HP Recommended

is that possible there are two SATA slots in addition of the M.2 SATA slot? Does anyone open a Pavilion 27 with HDD and SSD and take a picture of what is actually connected inside?

As this post mentioned, it seems to have two 3.5" HDD connectors. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-27-a227c-Pavilion-All-in-One...

Regards

CreativeLet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.