Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am looking to get out of the prebuilt case, so I am upgrading some of the parts, including the motherboard. I looked at the specifications of my m.2 and it's the sata version. It says on the website that it's a m.2 nVME. I only need to know because If I buy a new motherboard, I don't want the SSD to not work as M.2 sata is uncommon in motherboards that I've looked at.

Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@CodyLLC 

But what is your Hp omen obelisk ?  For example

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0014

Your machine probably uses same motherboard and it should use M.2 NVMe SSD drives as above machine which has 256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State drive

You can also use Device Manager > Disk Drives to see what is it now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

The SSD I have had a B key and m key which means it's a sata m.2. I know sometimes websites are wrong and that's what I'm thinking. I'll check when I get home about the device manager thing.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.