Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-a100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please can anyone help.

Which M.2 drives and capacities would be supported by HP Pavilion 570-a100na (M.2 SSD, key M) ?

I tried the Kingston A2000 m.2 Key m, SSD 250gb but it was not recognised by the BIOS (which has been updated to 2020)

Kingston support confirmed that HP Pavilion 570-a100na (M.2 SSD, key M) was not compatible with A2000 NVME M.2 SSD

Please can anyone help

Kind regards and Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This M.2 SATA drive provides the best performance for the price, IMHO.

Western Digital WDS250G2B0B WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA, 250 GB - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Com...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this discussion...

Solved: How to get NVME SSD to work on HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-a1... - HP Support Community - 785...

Normally PC's that have the AMD 7th generation processors, have M.2 slots that only support SATA M.2 SSD's, not NVMe.

As far as capacity...you can go with a 2 TB M.2 SATA SSD if you wanted to.

HP Recommended

Thank you that is great.

Kingston only has NVME, can you suggest any others around 250gb.

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This M.2 SATA drive provides the best performance for the price, IMHO.

Western Digital WDS250G2B0B WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA, 250 GB - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Com...

HP Recommended

Thank you the western digital looks great but it is Key b+m

The motherboard socket is only key M.

HP 570-a100 motherboard.jpg

HP Recommended

HP 570-a100 motherboard.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

It fits just fine in a Key M slot.

It just doesn't use the contacts where the B notch is.

HP Recommended

Bless you.

You are an Angel.

I have always ignored any M2 SSD that had both key B+M and just looked for key M as the the motherboard spec just stated key M.

I did not know you could plug a key B+M M2 SSD into a key M socket.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I don't know of any HP notebook or desktop that has a B + M keyed M.2 slot.

They all look like they would fit NVMe drives, but some models (like yours) support SATA only, some support NVMe only, and some support both.

I just installed the exact same drive in a HP Thin Client t630.

That has an AMD 7th gen embedded processor and the slot looks like it would support NVMe drives, but it doesn't.

The WD Blue 250 GB M.2 SATA SSD works great in this PC, which I converted to W10 Pro and use it for e-mails, web browsing and whatnot.

That is not what this device was intended for, but it works darn good for what I use it for.

I highly doubt it would play any video games though.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I hope the screw hole in the motherboard aligns with the half moon slot in the M2 SSD 2280.

I just want to install Windows 10 Home and a few apps onto the M2 SSD as a Boot Drive.

This will then greatly reduce the wear and tear on the 2TB Hard drive whilst Windows 10 performs its updates and other maintenance on the M2 SSD.

I still prefer data on a physical drive as lost/corrupt data on a SSD is far more difficult to recover than on a 3.5" HDD

Bless you and Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.