Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi I advised my mother in law to purchase a M01-F0027na (4, core 3400g) a while back but upgrading it has been a nightmare Vs my standard 50 buck am4 mother board .

First anyone have a direct link to the bios as the support keeps say I'm on android and won't let me change operating system to update the system for security risks.

I put in a matching strip of ram in as single channel was a big issue , so id there anything I can use to setup timings and speed such as Ryzen master as it's all locked off so xmp is a pipe dream . I'd like to drop in a 6 core zen2/3 but again seems locked off unlike mine where I went from 6 core 4650g (I wanted to put this in hers) to 5700g.  The PC is looking increasing like E waste at this point and it's a shame as it didn't need to be this way.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

M01-F0027na Product Specifications

Memory
8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

but here

motherboard specifications, Erica2

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: AM4
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Integrated graphics
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 11 Graphics
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
AMD Athlon 300UGE, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Picasso)
65 W
Radeon Vega 3 Graphics

I do not really understand what you are saying about the bios, but unless there is a particular reason, no choice, I advise not to touch the bios
Mother-in-law risks ending up with an unusable computer
and besides, maybe it's better not to touch it anymore, if still under warranty
Depending on its use, the current configuration may be sufficient, apart from the memory

1. Update ComboAM4 PI to 1.0.0.9.
2. Provides improved security.

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8643)

F.43 Rev.A13.3 MBAug 18, 2022Download

check the version in place, and available versions, see the corrections made (revision history)
if there is one or more problems mentioned

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/model/3...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Bios come with updates to address security flaws such as Meltdown and Spectre. Not updating your bios comes at its own risks . I didn't as if I should I asked for a link to latest versions 

HP Recommended

You are talking about very old flaws, they have to be corrected for some time, so should not be the case with a recent computer

but there was a utility to check

Mine not update since 2018

Capture d’écran 2022-11-19 093457.png
For the rest, I do not understand what you are saying, you have the links!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I see it now thanks looks like they still thought there was security issues and faults in 2022 according to that bios date .

Now I just need to find out about Ryzen master as a few people have used it on YouTube to stop hp downclocking speed

HP Recommended

Yes, but it doesn't always work
see if it helps, but i can only advise you to use compatible modules

Solved: How to enable XMP profile in bios (if possible) - HP Support Community - 7730603

Solved: Re: Poor memory timings - HP Support Community - 8302340

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ryzen-Master-and-Locked-Ram/m-p...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

IMG-20221119-WA0002.jpg

 i have a compatible module as I picked up matching strip unfortunately it says 933mhz (2866 mt) in CPUZ when installed however task manager has the correct 2933 mt/MHz listed but most say CPUZ is more reliable . I would have set up stick manually in bios however HP again has purposely locked out every possible option to force upgrades 

HP Recommended

the incompatibility can be between two modules!
See the spd
what i have with an old hp computer

upgrade computer h9-1228ef mot...

Then try the new module alone, check
if ok, then you will have to buy the same 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

These are no incompatible as I matched the numbers exactly and came from another hp desktop 

Screenshot_20221120-083400.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.