Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP M01-F1033wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wondering the maximum RAM I can put into this machine.  Currently has 8gig, with one expansion slot left.

It looks like I can only expand to 16gig, but will this machine take 2x16gig  expansions, for a total of 32?

I did this on my old HP (it's 10 years old) and had no problems, but it had 4 slots, so used 4x8's.

Just wondering my limit, can't find the information anywhere.

Thanks!

Virginia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report for your model PC, you can install as much as 2 x 32 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp m01 series | HP M01-F1033wb | Crucial.com

HP indicates the max memory is 2 x 16 GB, so you should be fine with installing two 16 GB memory chips.

HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info is found under the motherboard specs link.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the Crucial memory report for your model PC, you can install as much as 2 x 32 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp m01 series | HP M01-F1033wb | Crucial.com

HP indicates the max memory is 2 x 16 GB, so you should be fine with installing two 16 GB memory chips.

HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info is found under the motherboard specs link.

HP Recommended

Thank You for that fast reply. and solution.

As far as the chipset goes, do you know the 'recommended / must be' normanclature for them.  All I'm certain of is DDR4 .. 

Again, Thank you!

E.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The HP motherboard link indicates the memory speed is  PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) for the PC's that come with the Intel i3-10100 processor.

HP Recommended

Thank You again for the info.

Feel confident of your information, and am going ahead with a purchase.

Have a good day,

E

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a good day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.