Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-p6322.it
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I'd like to know if my Motherboard supports a new generation 4K GPU.. My PC is a HP p6322.it, Motherboard MS-7613 (IONA-GLE) micro-atx, Intel H57 Express chipset, LGAM56 Socket, PCI Epress x16, BIOS 5.15 dated 25/6/2010. Intel quad-core i7 processor -870.16 gb RAM DDR3-1333, Power supply 300 W. My system should support it, but I have doubts about the old Legacy BIOS. Can you help me? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@lelloacobellis

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the exact product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model:   p6322it

Serial #:  CZH01805BB

Product #: WL359AA-ABZ

Just today I installed a MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP GPU, which fits perfectly but doesn't work. The system does not detect it, and I had to replace the original GT 220. Thanks in advance for the help. Sincerely.

HP Recommended

@lelloacobellis

Thank you for posting back.

Have you tried with a different graphics card?

After reading your post, I did go through the  Product specifications of your product and found due to compatibility issue the graphic card is not getting recognized.

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the MSI GPU because it is the same manufacturer as the Iona and because, after reading 1000 forums, a couple of people had successfully mounted it in PCs prior to 2012, ie with the old BIOS. I tried it and returned it with Amazon, but I can't prove them all .... I sincerely hoped for a precise indication on your part. I'm not a gamer, but I have a 4K monitor and more definition would rest my eyes.

Thx.

HP Recommended

@lelloacobellis

We do not recommend making any changed to the system board and outdated BIOS are not available for these settings. 

GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is responsible for displaying your games, desktop, and programs, not your monitor.

As monitors are plug and play devices and should work without any issues when connected to a computer. 

As the monitor is working, I assume that the issue is with the adapter you're using, therefore I suggest you try a different adapter and see if it helps.

Any modern laptop and desktop PC with an integrated Intel HD graphics core should be able to output 4k video at 60Hz as long as the computer has an HDMI 2.0 port. If the computer only has an HDMI 1.4 port, then the video would be limited to 30Hz.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but I fear it is inappropriate. First of all we are talking about a desktop PC and not a laptop, whose old graphics card supports the maximum resolution of 1920x1080. Resolution at which my Samsung 4K monitor is currently working. The question was simply whether in your opinion there is a GPU that supports 4K, able to work with a motherboard prior to 2012, and therefore with the old Bios Legacy. That's all.

HP Recommended

@lelloacobellis

To get the answer to this question, Most will, BUT, there's no point since older version BIOS is not available.

Hope this helps.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I allow myself to ask one last question, then I don't bother you anymore. The HP NVIDIA Quadro P620 2 GB GPU, Product Code 3ME25AT, with NVIDIA Pascal technology, could it be for me? PS is a retailer's suggestion. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.