Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-Pavilion WL377AA-ABZ HPE-192it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please I got the motherboard in object with bios 5.15  06/25/2010.

Can I put on it the bios 6.18 or other version ?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is a BIOS version 6.18 that is posted for the same motherboard but under a different model.  Unfortunately the installer requires that you must be running Windows 7 which is the safest way to install this BIOS update.

I don't know if anyone has installed the above BIOS update on your model PC. Obviously there is a risk that it might cause your motherboard to fail.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.

And does another bios update version exist?

Please help me because my version is too old (2010) !!!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

What do you suggest I should do now? Help me please!

I have a HP Pavilion P6000 Series (p6638d) and I have a RAM problem.

HP Recommended

i doubt a bios update will fix a ram problem unless the updated bios update mentions it in the documentation

also in  some cases the HP oem motherboard may be cloned from a retail model, the cloned board may have the same board maker and model number except for a few letters at the end of the model name being diffrent between the two

you need to take care,  OEM motherboards may have used a diffrent I/O chip than the retail model  depending on the OEM feature set.

this I/O chip diffrence is what causes  flashing of a retail bios onto a OEM motherboard to fail, bricking the board

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.