Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-208a Desktop PC (MS-778 mobo)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have upgraded this pc as I have read numerous accounts of others having successfully done so. I am running windows 10. I have put in a more powerful power supply and a GeForce GTX 960 GPU. I have switched from secure boot to legacy and the GPU is recognized with older versions of Nvidia drivers, currently I have it running with driver 359.06. However the first game I tried to open says this driver has known issues, and it crashes the game. If I update the GPU driver to any of the recent versions windows shuts down the GPU with error 43 leaving me with VGA graphics only. From what I have read in support posts this is either going to be fixed by rolling back to windows 8.1(maybe) or with a BIOS update. I am running BIOS AMI 80.48, 15/01/2014. I know that newer versions exist, such as ver 80.52, however no BIOS update comes up as being available for this pc on this site, or anywhere else on the internet. Can anyone please explain why I can't find a BIOS update, are there non for windows 10, or any advice to resolve this? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rahvin_Bloodgod Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that MS-7778 BIOS update HP 500-208a desktop PC

I have also checked. There is no BIOS for Windows 10 operating system.

Please try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.