Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8300 Elite USDT
Linux

I have an HP Compaq 8300 Elite Business PC Ultra Slim Desktop, it does not have any PCI slots, it has an MXM slot for an optional gpu. I was wondering what the max watts it can take is. According to HP's manual, they recommend an AMD Radeon HD 7650A (MXM) as an optional gpu, which takes 33w. I want to upgrade this machine to a Quadro K1100M, which takes 45w. Can the Quadro gpu work in this machine? Looking all over the internet, I can not find the answer to this question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

MXM-III is limited to 35w

Capture.JPG

Nvidia MXM [Mobile PCI eXpress Module].

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

MXM-III is limited to 35w

Capture.JPG

Nvidia MXM [Mobile PCI eXpress Module].

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for finding that. Huge help.

HP Recommended

You're welcome! Glad I could help.  :generic:

HP Recommended

Are U sure? I don't think so.  I know someone successes to use dell m4000 which has more than 35w in 8300usdt. Chosing dell is due to the vBios.  

But I won't use m4000,  I want to use 678099-001(or other like it built with hd 7670A). And I try to find is there a vBios in 8300 usdt for 678099-001 or a vBios in the board of 678099-001(or other like it built with hd 7670A) itself.

HP Recommended

Thank you for questioning my response!

The information I quoted was outdated. :Crying:

Here is the latest information available that I could find.

Mobile PCI Express Module (MXM)

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Thank you for applying the information.

I find power is an effect  we must pay attention to but not the  most important one sometime. The fact  for what We can't upgrade the mxm graphic card with HP’s one  is that most of HP's mxm  cards are lack of the vBios Chip. So maybe I need either to give up to use HP's MXM card  to upgrade my 8300 USDT or to chose  using hd 7650 only. 

There is too limited information about 8300 USDT's vBios and HP's hd7670  on the network.  Maybe I haven't found and it's too hard to find.

Even I turn to custom support for help, they just reply me with the official material which is created many yeas ago and also can be get by everyone on the HP's website. Smiley Sad

678099-001 2.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.