Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 2260xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When ordering the PC I chose 8gb because it was cheaper to buy 32gb elsewhere. I checked the 8gb memory and it ran at 3200mhz. The motherboard runs at 2933mhz. However, when I replaced the 2x4gb sticks with 2x16gb 3600mhz sticks the memory is running at 2133mhz. Is there any way to get it to at least 2933mhz?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AntoineFlorian , welcome to the Community.

Q: Is there any way to get it to at least 2933mhz?

A: The short answer is no!  HP doesn't use Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) to overclock their memory.  They use the standard JEDEC's.  For this reason, it is not possible to get the overclocked speeds of third-party memory.  The best way is to buy the correct amount when you buy the computer.  The basic speed of memory modules is 2133 MHz.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.