Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

so ill need to change the brackets? righht?

HP Recommended

Nope.

It comes with the one we need for our CMT's already attached.

Make sure you plug the card in the black PCI express 16 slot.

There is a white one that looks exactly the same.  That is for PCi express x4.

HP Recommended

will i need to change the brakets for the CMT 8200

HP Recommended

do the brakets need to be changed?

HP Recommended

No.

The card will come ready to install right out of the box.

No need to do any hardware changes to fit the card.

HP Recommended

Oml im soo sorry my internet wasent working so i texted it like 1000 times and ily soo frckin much and your the best

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Please post back and let us know how your graphics card installation went.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Ok

HP Recommended

Absolutely, it does.

You can see it in the picture already attached to the card.

One thing that I forgot to mention, so you don't get scared...

After I first turned on the PC with the new Gt 1030 in it, the monitor power light turned green like it should.

But then a second or so later, it turned amber, and the PC seemed to power off.

Of course, I began to kind of get upset because I had never had that happen to me before when installing a video card in that PC, or any other one for that matter.

I was ready to push the power button, but for some reason I didn't (which was a good thing).

After what seemed to be an eternity (was probably 10 - 15 seconds), the PC turned itself back on, the monitor light turned green and everything worked just fine.

W10 will automatically install the graphics driver, or you can download the latest one from nVidia after W10 installs it.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/146349/en-us

So don't freak out if that glitch happens to you.

Here is the link to the service manual.  You can review the video card installation procedure while you are waiting for your new card to show up.

Start with chapter 7, page 134.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04224518

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.