Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0056 DT PC US

My recently purchased Desktop PC with a Lincs motherboard is missing the screws for the two m.2 slots. Every thing that I have researched indicates that you should use the screws from the motherboard as they can be different depending on the board. Has anyone been able to get HP to send an M.2 screw when missing from one of their products?  Don't want to return the PC because of two missing screws but with the horrible cust/tech support I have lost faith in HP and its products.

I have spent hours on cust/tech support being repeatedly transferred and dropped. Hp-Parts was the most helpful but does not have the item  601010-001 which appears to be a large selection of different screws. I purchased the PC from Office Depot/Max online and they are willing to send a replacement and take back the PC with the missing screws. Hp-Parts suggested maybe the Warranty Team maybe could help but having trouble contacting them as the email of the chat session never arrived and the survey window closed the chat session. Lucky I had copied the part# at least. Hp cust/tech support is horrible and that Virtual Agent is even worse.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Scott_Fisher 

Here are different options

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can buy M.2 SSD standoffs and screws at Newegg or Amazon.

The standoff should be a standard 5 mm standoff. The M.2 standoff/screw kit should work if HP is using a standard 5 mm standoff mounting point on the motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

Have ordered the item in the link you provided and it is scheduled for delivery today - JkerTech M.2 SSD Drives Mounting Screws Kit Components for Asus ASRock Motherboard and NGFF (M.2 Screws). Will update post to solved after arrival and install of screw.

HP customer/tech support was worthless. Do not understand why I have to pay for something that should have been in my recently purchased HP desktop PC. Its omission was a quality failure on the part of HP. It is a shame the quality of their product means so little to them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.