Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Tp01-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

So today is Christmas and I was super excited to upgrade my graphics card and my power supply because I was told that I needed a greater power supply to run the gtx 1650, and after a while of searching for power supplies I could use someone on this site said I should use the part L05757-800 because it’s 500 watts and the gtx 1650 only consumes 75 watts. So after I installed both the power supply and graphics card I turn on my pc excited to try out my new graphics card but guess what nothing booted up on my computer. Absolutely nothing showed up on monitor, but the fans inside the computer kept spinning I looked it up to see what was wrong I tried different connections such as hdmi and vga, I also had all power supply cables in the right place, nothing is wrong with the ram. I’ve tried everything but then I figured out that the psu is the problem even though someone on this site told me that the L05757-800 was compatible with my pc. I tried using my old power supply and nothing will show up on my screen. My computer specs are

i3-8100

8 gb ram

intel integrated graphics

256 ssd 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

so have 180watt now

the 1650  non SUPER has no 6pin power AUX jack on the end does yours?  if yes no AUX port on any GPU made see on the card as 1 or 2 jacks or any mix of 6 or 8 pins are not optional ever.

the 1650 super has  1 AUX jack first look there, !  super goes higher to 100watts not 75watt. thus the added jack.

My only point here is the missing power cable to AUX is seen on the 1650 it must be powered up.

all things in your post down with no AC power cord attached to PC,or you will hot swap damage parts inside.

I see no posts here saying the 500watt PCu works, I see wild theories, HP has no official pages on this. PSU upgrade path. zero.

is the 7 pin plug  (SIP = single inline plug) same pins populated?????????

• tell sku or link to your exact card sold on the web, or photo of your top rear (aux jack eyeballing...)
  • tell or show photo of rear of PC and what is inside, all connections matter.
  • show photos of both 7 pin PSU connectors,  both PSU are they exactly the same or like this horror.
  • Do not spend money on  rumors.  find others with exact PC 0014.
  • Does GPU card removed (AC not connected)  does the local iGPU work (inside the CPU)
  • if all else fails, (not wrong PSU) or missing auxr cable, do the long hard reset.( 1 to 4)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I tried using my old power supply and nothing will show up on my screen.

surely you did that on a PC with NO AC cord connected, and  makes all DC  power is at 0 volts DC.

and with new card removed and move video cable back to IGPU port?

all down , not hot swapping parts inside any PC.

if you do hot swap, things  blow up;. if lucky only latch up and this fixes it here. do the long hard reset.( 1 to 4)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.