Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi im my motherboard is currently stock running a i7 6700 but I was wondering if I was to upgrade to a new CPU for example a i7 9900k would my mother board support this CPU or would I need to upgrade thay as well?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The short answer is no, it will not. 
The i7 6700 is the best supported CPU, according to the spec page.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi, if anyone is upgrading with HP System Board MotherBoard for ProLiant ML160 G6 Server mother board, guide me a bit on it.
General Information:
Manufacturer HP
Manufacturer Part : 519728-001
Manufacturer Address: HP
Mother Board Supplier: allhdd, and other options.
Type: MotherBoard

Sub-Type : ProLiant
Performance
Product Type : System Board
CPU Socket Type: LGA 1366
Number of Memory Slot(s): 12
Other Information
Additional Information For ProLiant Ml160 G6 Server
Any expert dealing in these main circuit boards, let me know, ill be discussing with my tech teams as well, so here just posting the specs to know if anyone know about hp boards prepurchase best practices options.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.