Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0202ng

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0202ng (Board ID 8643) and wanted to replace the graphics card.

An Nvidia GT 630 and GTX 660 (1x 6Pin power connector) does not work in the system (no picture).
A Radeon R9 285 (2x 6Pin power connector via adapter) works fine.

I searched for a newer BIOS, but on the page for the TG01 there is only F.23 and the system already has F.30.

Any idea how to get the Nvidias to run?
Has anyone tried a GTX 970?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC has a secure boot setting, try disabling it and see if the card works then.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC has a secure boot setting, try disabling it and see if the card works then.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Custome...

HP Recommended

Hello
indeed I will have indicated this, it worked several times for other users
But tell me, I'm curious and maybe I'm getting the wrong idea

TG01-0202ng Product Specifications

So you have an origin according to the support here

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super ™ (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
is it not more efficient, why change it, it is out of service?

And why not try a newer card, this motherboard must be able to work with a much better card than a GT 630?

the power supply may not be enough but for example:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/37874510/document/c070...

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Perfekt, I enabled Legacy Support and now the card is working.

I think this disables UEFI but who cares.

I also tried a GTX 960 an this was working with default settings (Legacy Support disabled).

HP Recommended

Yes the computer comes with a GTX 1660 Super, but I'd like to use the card in my other computer.

HP Recommended

Glad that disabling secure boot/enabling legacy mode worked.

Disabling secure boot does not normally disable UEFI mode.

But if you had to enable legacy mode in order to disable secure boot, then yes, UEFI mode is also disabled.

On my business desktop PC's I can enable/disable secure boot and the BIOS is still set on UEFI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.