Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP HPE Pavilion H8-1100z desktop.  I need to replace the motherboard and I am having a hard time finding the exact motherboard since my computer is about 7 or more years old.  I need to try and find the exact motherboard or a compatible motherboard. 

Any help, guidance, and recommendations for a replacement motherboard would be most appreciated!!

The motherboard is a Gigabyte M3970AM-HP Angelica Rev 1.2.  Here are the tech specs:

CPU Make AMD
Chipset AMD 970
Form Factor Micro-ATX
CPU socket Socket AM3+
Total RAM 32GB
Total USB 8 USB slots

Motherboard Graphics

GPU Interface PCIe v2.x
GPU Onboard No
SLI 1 Nvidia SLI GPUs
Crossfire 1 AMD/ATI Crossfire GPUs
Expansion Slots 3 x PCIe x1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16

Motherboard Memory

Memory Type 4xDDR3
Memory Type(ECC) Non-ECC
Memory Channel Dual
Memory Capacity 32GB DDR3
Memory Total 32GB
Memory Slots 4xDIMM
Memory Speed DDR3 1333Mhz
DDR3 1600Mhz

Motherboard SATA

SATA 1 No
SATA 2 No
SATA 3 6 x SATA 3
SATA Speed 6Gb/s
External SATA -
RAID Yes

Internal I/O Connectors

Internal USB 4 x USB 2.0
Internal I/O 1 x 24 pin power connector
1 x 4 pin power connector
1 x fan header
1 x CPU fan header

Back Panel Connectors

Back Panel USB 4 x USB 2.0
Back Panel I/O Line In connector
Mic Out connector
7.1 Surround Sound
Audio Input Output

Regards,

Jeff 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I contacted Gigabyte tech support on this motherboard (Gigabyte M3970AM-HP Angelica Rev 1.2).    Here is what they said:

If you have HP OEM build PC, wire connection design from the OEM chassis may not match to retail box model MB, you will need to contact HP technical support for MB replacement advice. 

Does anyone know the answer to this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.