2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard Replacement

a1350n media center pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Wanted a little information. I have a old hp a1350n pc  product # EL472AA#ABA  with a Pre installed Asus amberine m a8aele matx motherboard with a Athlon 64x2 4200+ processor. I wanted to upgrade my system so have a few questions:

1. Can I remove the original motherboard and cpu and upgrade to a newer version Asus b450m motherboard with a ryzen processor.
  2. If yes then just wanted to make sure before buying that the motherboard b450m which is also a matx board fit my current hp a1350n case.
  3. Local dealers here are saying it won’t fit.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
21,619 21,243 2,442 8,107
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard Replacement

@Glioblastoma , welcome to the forum.

There is a very good chance that the new motherboard will not fit into your case.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not necessarily the same as retail boards.  The main concern is the holes in the motherboard matching the stand-offs in the case.  If they don't match perfectly a short could be created and that would damage all of the components.  Also, I have seen instances where the front case connectors are not the same as retail boards.

In my opinion, your best option would be to save your money and buy a new computer.  The least expensive computer today would be amazing compared to your old one.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard Replacement

Thanks for such a detailed reply. 

As you said I would be better of buying a new one. So thank you again for solving the problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation