Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion Desktop PC 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I just opened my computer side panel to clean it up and i looked to motherboard and next to hdd1 port is and odd1 port i dont know what for is that port. can someone explain what for is it and what it does? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is somewhat unclear in the photo but if the white one is labeled ood1, then Yes.  It should support another SATA device, whether HDD or SDD.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to the forum.  There are many variations to the HP Pavilion 570 series.  A more complete model number is required to answer the question.  Here ia an exapmle of a complete model number:  HP Pavilion 570-p020nl Desktop

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 570-p038no Desktop. 

HP Recommended

Here is the support page for that model and the motherboard is identified as a Willow 2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/17106982/...

2019-01-20 13_19_32-Window.jpg

2019-01-20 13_15_37-Window.jpgPlease look at the explanation in this picture

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping man! So that odd1 means that i can put there and sata cable for an another hdd or ssd? 

HP Recommended

It is somewhat unclear in the photo but if the white one is labeled ood1, then Yes.  It should support another SATA device, whether HDD or SDD.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yeah it is an odd1. Thanks for helping me man. I was planning to buy an ssd to give extra speed but wasn't sure what was that. Thanks one more time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.