12-04-2019 10:13 PM
I just installed Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. Clean install. Now my mouse and keyboard have serious lag. Same for wired/wireless usb. Works fine on other computers. Tried most options I found online. Nothing helps. Any ideas of how to correct?
12-07-2019 02:33 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer and follow the next steps.
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
12-07-2019 03:36 PM
I ran the Repair option and when it restarted it worked great at first. Mouse was moving as expected. Then after a few moments it started lagging again. Can it be that something is loading that is causing the problem?
12-07-2019 04:20 PM
Thank you for posting back.
The steps are for desktop PC as well, have you tried updating the drivers using HP support assistant?
If its a software-related issue it can be fixed by reinstalling the Windows operating system in worse case scenarios
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
12-08-2019 05:55 AM
I tried all the things you suggested. I’ve done a clean install of Windows 10. Mouse and keyboard work normally for the first few minutes. A few minutes after startup the lag is back. Tried same mode and it works normally.
Sorry, I don’t know much about PCs. I normally use a Mac. Trying to set this up as a secondary computer. Not useable in this condition.
Thanks again for helping.