Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Elite Desktop Keyboard and Mouse (P/N QB355AA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to take apart my mouse to see if there was a compartment inside for the USB receiver. I removed the bottom panel where the batteries go and I did not see a compartment for the USB receiver. I tried removing the top part of the mouse, which is all one piece that comprises the area where your palm rests, as well as the left and right mouse buttons. No compartment. I tried putting the top part back on, but I am apparently not putting it back on correctly, because now, the left and right mouse buttons cannot be clicked. I am not sure how to put it back together correctly.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kerry85

Welcome to HP support community.

Watch this video for steps to batteries on your mouse:- Click here

(Note: These are third party links. Please do not click on any ad, image, download, popup or link or anywhere else as these are third party links meant only for viewing information and following instructions.)

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. The video was for a different type of mouse. The battery compartment on my mouse is actually on the bottom; the battery compartment does not have a spot for the USB receiver. So I tried removing the top piece of the mouse (sidebar -- there does not appear to be a USB receiver compartment under there either, but that is not what I am concerned about anymore). The top piece of my mouse is actually similar to the one in the video, even though what's underneath is different.

But the advice in the video for how to put the top piece back on (push the bottom part/palm rest area down first, then push the two top parts i.e. the mouse buttons down next) I have been trying and cannot get the mouse buttons into the right position. Either I am extra gentle and they are sitting high up/not pushed down far enough, or I push them down too far and they get stuck that way; either way, they are not "clickable."

Update: I am getting my left button to work now, instead of pushing the bottom palm-rest part of the mouse cover down first, I start with the top/mouse buttons part, and I kind of slide it down from past the top of the mouse down toward the bottom. It seems like there is some little male part protruding on the mouse body, pointing up toward the part of the mouse, that there is a female part on the cover that it slides into. But on the right side I can't get it to quite do that; it's still either getting stuck down too far or sitting on top of the male piece too high.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.