Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wife's Envy was purchased directly from HP.  It crashed on installation in January 2019.  Screen said "major hardware failure.  HP said "Send it back."   I foolishly did that.  They changed the hard drive.  Since then we've had to reload windows twice..  (it would not load).  Once we did it under warranty,  and once under a contract with HP support.  Its now acting up.  Started with keyboard entry not recognized.  then constant string of letters ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.    Wife had to reboot three times to get it to work.   Now stable   I know, my own fault for letting them  repair a brand new machine.  Is there any chance I get get this classified as a lemon..The PC is less than 15 months and seems to have constant issues ... can't find files... then it does.  We know its going to crash again..  Everything is backed up, 

Suggestions.. thanks,  

Jon

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jon25t Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.