02-17-2020 03:27 PM
My desktop HP all-in-one model 24-r019la it turns off suddenly. It does not give a message, it does not reinitiate, just turn off. This happen about 3 o 4 times a day when I am working.
02-19-2020 05:49 PM
@Esternocleido Greetings from the HP Community!
Does the device turn off suddenly with its lights off as well? or do the lights remain on and only the screen blacks out?
Also, do you know if any updates were recently installed or interrupted during an update?
Meanwhile, here's what you need to do:
If Windows suddenly shuts down without warning, it might be caused by one of several issues.
A BIOS update can also resolve the issue: click here for steps.
Follow the steps in this section, in order, to run a hardware test to identify any issues with the device:
Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
- Click Extensive Test.
- Click Run once, or Loop until error.
- While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
02-25-2020 01:14 PM
@Esternocleido It could be the heat, the hardware test I had suggested should identify any hardware malfunction, if the tests passed, I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works fine,
let me know how that goes.
I am an HP Employee