Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0150xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive failed a few weeks ago, so I purchased a new HD (Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive). After getting the new hard drive installed and recovered from my backup on an external hard drive, it worked fine for a day, the next day the new hard drive failed. I ran several diagnostic tests and it seems the hard drive has definitely failed again. I have read that this is most likely caused by the power supply. Can anyone reaffirm this?

I don't want to buy a new hard drive and a power supply if I am just going to end up with another failed hard drive.

20220628_192521.jpg20220628_193244.jpg20220628_232232.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

you do not have to buy another hard drive, if you bought it new, it is guaranteed
Sometimes it can just be bad luck..
This may be a power surge, power outage problem, but I don't see too much of a direct link with the computer's power supply.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Is there anything else in the PC that could be causing hard drives to fail in it? I just want to make sure my PC somehow isn't going to just keep ruining hard drives.

HP Recommended

I told you the main causes
you can have a failed disk, even a new one
A big shock given, during use, can also cause this, but it's more with laptops

as I told you, your hard disk, if purchased new, must be guaranteed, do not hesitate to make it work, whatever, you will see if it starts again or not, it must be exchanged for you free of charge

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.