Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I know this is a windows 10 but nothing more specific than that. I started updating my computer at about 8:00. It was updating fine until it got to 57%. It then froze and hasn’t changed since then. It says,

Configuring update for Windows 10
57% complete

Do not turn off your computer 

I am very nervous and I have no clue what to do. Nothing I found online worked so this is what I thought might help. It is important that I get this working by tomorrow because my daughter and I use this everyday. Thank you for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it is about the latest microsoft update
There isn't much you can do
apart from checking for HP updates.
Uninstall the antivirus, if it is not the microsoft one.
Otherwise, it can be so different depending on the computers ...
This last update seems to be still a concern for many models.
For the moment although my computer is not that old, it has not yet been offered to me, so no personal experience
If you can avoid it, do it for now.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

image.jpg

 this is a picture of my screen

HP Recommended

Hello
Has this progressed since?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes it has. Gladly, I let it be over night and it stopped updating. I look on hp websites and found a good video on how to prevent freezing. I am going to do that. Is there anything you recommend that might help? Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Do you know if I should do anything else before updating?

HP Recommended

If it is about the latest microsoft update
There isn't much you can do
apart from checking for HP updates.
Uninstall the antivirus, if it is not the microsoft one.
Otherwise, it can be so different depending on the computers ...
This last update seems to be still a concern for many models.
For the moment although my computer is not that old, it has not yet been offered to me, so no personal experience
If you can avoid it, do it for now.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will do that!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.