Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
260=p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

have a model 260-p026 desktop.  I bought a Samsung EVO 860 SSD.  I put an image of my desktop HDD onto  my SSD using program Samsung Migration with the SSD plugged via USB.  I looked at final result in Disk Management and original HDD and SSD match.  I unplugged the HDD totally.  I plugged in the SSD with the same cables that were plugged into the HDD (black multi pin cable, Blue SATA cable).  I try to boot the computer and it displays a screen saying press "esc" to enter setup.  I press it forever and nothing happens.  tried rebooting many times.  nothing.  I plugged back in the HDD and replugged the SSD (which would not boot) via USB.  Entered BIOS.  It shows the SSD as USB attached.  It also calls my HDD "USB HARD DRIVE".  By the way if I disconnect the HDD totally, plug the SDD totally, not only will it not boot, but it won't let me enter BIOS.  Now, next I opened my laptop.  Removed exisitng drive.  Plugged in the SSD which would not boot on desktop (even though it is a mirror image of HDD), and IT BOOTS PERFECTLY on the laptop.  This indicated to me there must be a bios problem.  So i loaded lastest Bios from the website.  Same problem.  It will not boot on Desktop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rickhow,

Sorry you did not ask before the purchase.  The HP 260 series of computers will not work with Samsung.

Some Crucial and Kingston work.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-Samsung-860QVO-1Tb-not-reco...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/compatible-1TB-SSD/m-p/7249371

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.