Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased my pc last year as a secondary pc for our office hotdesk

but we have never figured out how to turn the numlock on there seems to be no numlock button on the keyboard itself. and I've googled every solution.

please help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

IMG_3894.GIF

This is the standard 101-key 

Keyboards come in a variety of physical layouts.

The most common client keyboards are based on PC enhanced keyboards.

The full keyboard layout, as shown above, has 101 keys.

This consists of a basic alphanumeric keypad, a row of function keys, a cursor keypad, and a numeric keypad.

This layout was introduced in 1984 and is now standard for full size keyboards.

The Number Lock "toggle" is above the "7" key of the numeric pad (far right).

HP Recommended

Thank you but unfortunately my keyboard is not the standard and the num lock key does not seem to existKeyboard I have tried everything

HP Recommended

Is your HP computer a new All in One desktop? 

That looks like the keyboard that's coming out with them now and its still going to have the standard functions as was mentioned above. It is the key above the 7 key on the numpad.

keyboard.jpg

Can you try a different keyboard to test with? 

If a different keyboards num lock key works, then this new keyboard might be faulty.

HP Recommended

Based on your photograph ... the Numeric Lock is PRESENT.  

This specific Keyboard used an ICON (not language specific), instrad of English: "Num Lock".

IF that key (ABOVE the "7") does not work, THEN you likely have a hardware/keyboard issue.

gb

HP Recommended

HI Thanks

I have tried another keyboard which is a standard and the numlock works on other PC's it does not work on this PC.

so I have updated the driver for the keyboard and it has not made any difference - is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

HP Recommended

When I use this key above the 7  it copies and pastes rather than numlock function

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.