Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hai hp, i would like to know why motherboard beep and no signal showing after install new cpu with same socket as the motherboard. my motherboard is lga 1155 and i buy i3 3240 with lga 1155 socket.hope you can answer my question

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The short answer is that new CPU is not accepted by the motherboard.  It takes many more considerations besides the socket being the same.

In order to get a complete answer as to what CU is acceptable, give the complete model number of the PC

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
  1. NO PC told , so answers will be wrong, can,may will why do that to self.  NO OLD CPU removed told i3? what?
  2. wrong CPU used, not in HP list of valid CPU's for this unstated PC.
  3. BIOS wrong and not upgraded, some times HP adds newer CPU support
  4. the new CPU uses way more watts than the mobo VRM can supply, but no PC told new CPU is 55watt so no problem there(ok here)
  5. most folks not trained (intel video ask) bend the  socket pins. and is doomed, did you regress and retest  the old CPU next?  that be very wise first, to see if damage happened.?
  6. this is intel Ivy bridge cpu  the old CPU same ivy?   ???????? no PC told so I can not tell you what runs.
  7. that gets them all but one more,  you unplugged the 4 pin CPU power jack cable near CPU now CPU is dead.
NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.