Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Please forgive my putting this message in the Hardware and Upgrades forum.  There does not appear to be a forum devoted to warranty issues.

I just bought a Factory Refurbished HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c in May 2019.  The HP Support Assistant indicates that my BIOS  and Realtek Card Reader have updates ready to be installed/flashed. When I click on it and go through the prompts, at the end, it says BIOS update failed after reboot and unable to update Realtek driver. No I need HP Support.

However, during HP Support Assistant, I found that its warranty expired on Feb 2019.  That's more than three months before I made my purchase at Walmart. Included in the original box was a pamphlet indicating that I had 90-day HP Limited Technical Support Warranty on this product. HP is now inviting me to purchase an "extension", in effect saying that the original warranty is "null and void" and if I wanted a warranty I would have to "purchase" it separately. 

So, is HP really trying to sell refurbished desktop as new but with NO WARRANTY attached?  An option for a four year warranty was offered and I thought that if I purchased it that would take effect after the manufacturer's 1-year warranty had expired.  NO MENTION was made, either from HP or Walmart, that the original warranty would already be expired at the time of delivery.  That important detail wasn't in the purchase agreement when I made my purchase. 

How do I correct this oversight and receive my 90-day limited warranty?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bubba_Ben

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bubba_Ben

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.