Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0xxx - latest bios 8433
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

How do I activate Pci-E 3 x 4 support for the Nvme ssd please? the CPU and chipset both support that, does HP half the speed on purpose? 

Thank you

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It appears you have a AMD Promontory FCH motherboard (Link).

The specs for this chipset and CPU options can be reviewed at this (Link). I suspect the CPU/chipset option you have is limiting M>2 throughput to PCIe 3.0x2.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What chipset/CPU?

Older AMD chipsets only supported PCIe 3.0x2 M.2 support.

Regards

HP Recommended

That's a good questions, what chipset does HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xx have? I mean it's a 2019 PC, so for 2019 I would expect it to be at least 2nd gen chipset, as the 3rd one was out already...  The cpu is 2nd gen APU 2200g amd - which has 12 pci-e lanes, which is not great, but just 8 goes to the 16x PCI-E - which I don't use anyway, since it's not used why not provide 4 lanes to the NVME? But it seems the chipset doesn't make any difference here, as the nvme is connected directly to the CPU via the PCI-E lanes.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It appears you have a AMD Promontory FCH motherboard (Link).

The specs for this chipset and CPU options can be reviewed at this (Link). I suspect the CPU/chipset option you have is limiting M>2 throughput to PCIe 3.0x2.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.