Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently upgraded my desktop and purchased a DELL Computer.  I connected my prior monitor which is an HP w2558hc that has an integrated webcam.  For some reason the new operating system does not recognizes my webcam.  Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Shockshani

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

What is the error message your receiving ?

Meanwhile, Find and install monitor drivers for Windows

Use the following steps to add or update the monitor driver files for Windows:

1. Use an installation disc:

• If your HP or Compaq monitor came with an installation disc, insert the disc and follow the on-screen instructions. You are done.

• If you do not have an installation disc, continue to the next step.

2. Check HP Customer Care to see if a driver is available for your HP or Compaq monitor:

1. Go to the Get software and drivers - Select your operating system page.

NOTE: 

If the main Get software and drivers page opens, type the exact model name of your HP or Compaq monitor in the field provided, and click Next.

2. Click the name of the operating system on the computer.

If the operating system is not listed, a driver is not available. Skip to Step 3.

3. Look through the list of available software updates and do one of the following:

• If a monitor driver is available from the list, download and install the driver. You are done.

• If a monitor driver is not available, download and install HP My Display or HP Display Assistant. You are done.

• If a driver, HP My Display software, or HP Display Assistant software is not available, continue to the next step.

3. Open Device Manager:

• In Windows 7 and Vista, click Start , type Device Manager in the search box, and select Device Manager from the menu.

If prompted with a User Account Control message, click Continue.

• In Windows XP, click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

4. Click the plus sign (+) next to Monitors, and then double-click the name for the monitor (Generic PnP Monitor or similar).

Figure : Generic PnP Monitor listing in Device Manager

Generic PnP Monitor listing in Device Manager
  5. Click the Driver tab, and then click the Update Driver button.

6. Select Search automatically for updated driver software to have Windows search the computer and the Internet for the latest driver software,

or 

If you have a driver disc, select Browse my computer for driver software.

NOTE: 

If you are using a non-HP monitor and it came with software, install the driver that came with your monitor.

A window with a Browse button opens.

1. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

An Install From Disk window opens.

2. Insert the disc into the removable media drive.

3. Type the drive letter in the Copy manufacturer's files from field.

4. Click the Browse button.

5. In the Local File window, double-click the folder name that contains the monitor driver.

6. Click the Open button.

7. Click Next, and then click Finish to change the driver.

The monitor driver is installed.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.