Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

as I want to change from one RAM module of 8 gbs to 2 RAM modules of all in all 16 gbs (2 x 8gbs) I need to know where to put them into the motherboard. But sadly I lost the user guide and now I dont know in which slot to put the 2 modules.

I would be very happy for any help 😄

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
it would be easier if we had the exact model of the computer
there I just make an assumption and it would be the SSID of the motherboard, so it could be this motherboard:

but no matter, all motherboards are similar in terms of memory ports, it is easily identifiable!

https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c05953720

• HP-Name: Tampa2
  • SSID: 8437
  •  
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Correct

@Borde,

The "orange" pair of RAM slots is occupied first, according to this video.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi @Prométhée,

my Computer is an "OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx"; productnumber: 3ER61EA#ABD

HP Recommended

if you add modules, they must be identical to those already in place!

use by pair black/ black  or/ and orange/orange
otherwise it may be necessary to replace everything!
you can try this:

Welcome to Crucial USA

thx @wb2001  i know

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Yes I know and I already bought two identical modules. Im going to test that out in a minute

Thank you for your help 😄

HP Recommended

You're welcome @Borde 

please click on the accept as solution button

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.