Level 2
3 1 1 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to Buy the L98992-001 Front RGB Replacement Fan

HP Recommended
Omen 30L GT13-0092
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this PC (from Amazon) on Tuesday. The first day I set it up, it was whisper quiet. However, on Wednesday, a bit of noise started to creep in. From then on, it got steadily louder until it nearly drives me insane just to be at my computer. I've asked about it on the Omen subreddit and they believe it to be bad bearings on the front RGB fan.

I've looked online for the fan based on the part number I found on HP's part surfer site. However, all the links are European and most only sell to businesses, not direct to consumer. I can't find the fan on HP's site. Is there anywhere I could buy an exact replacement so I don't lose my RGB?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,683 3,638 402 1,620
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't understand, why would you want to pay and replace yourself?
your computer still has warranty if it is new?
If you try to replace something yourself, you may lose the benefit of this warranty!

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation