Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0020na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought the HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0020na

It has both an HDMI Out and USB Type C (1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate)

I am using the HDMI Out for my second monitor

I would like to use the USB Type-C for my third monitor and it does not work:

1- I have tried using an adaptor from USB Type-C to HDMI and the "USB device is not recognized" error appears

2- I have then tried to use and USB Type-C to Display Port and nothing happens. literally. not even an error message. third monitor goes to sleep

I have updated all the drivers to the last version. OS as well

I do not know what else to do. Please help me because I do no need that third monitor

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@LuigiNeedsHelp,

This was discussed previously by @old_geekster 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-Omen-Desktop-USB-C-to-HDMI-to-connect-monitor/td-p/...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that did not work. I had already tried using the USB C to HDMI adapter. It was the first thing I tried...

HP Recommended

@LuigiNeedsHelp , welcome to the forum.

When you get the third monitor connected, press the Start (Win key) + P to Project to the monitor.  I don't know if this will help, but it is worth a try.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that does not work either. In settings the monitor does not even appear... 

HP Recommended

Boy, you are giving us a run for our money!  I wonder if it could be that you are not getting enough power to accommodate three monitors.  Although, you have a "150 W Smart AC power adapter".  I suggest checking the wattage requirements for the monitors.  There is normally a good reason why HP powers configures a computer the way they do.

HP Recommended

I have just checked directly with HP support. The USB C port is not display capable, so I cannot connect 2 monitors regrettably

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, @LuigiNeedsHelp!  Here is what it says about the ports on your AIO:

(1) HP 3-in-1 memory card reader (supports Secure Digital (SD, SDHC, and SDXC))
(1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C (5 Gbps data rate)
(3) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (5 Gbps data rate)
(1) HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 output port
(1) HDMI 2.0/ HDCP 2.2 input port
(1) Power input port
(1) RJ-45/Ethernet port

It shows the data rate which I believe must mean not video capability.  Thank you for the lesson in understanding HP specifications!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.