Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p552na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I wish to play games with my grandson 250 miles away. My desktop has integrated Intel(R)HD Graphics 630 which gives impossibly poor performance on his favourite game No Man's Sky. I've concluded that I need to upgrade to a Graphics card and therefore upgrade the PSU to suit. Has anyone got experience of doing this? If I fit a new PSU and GPU how will the PC switch from the integrated graphics to a new PCIe Graphics card? I'm looking at a Corsair 550W TX550M Gold Hybid Modular Power Supply/PSU and an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB PHOENIX OC Turing Graphics Card.

Any guidance gratefully received.

Derrick

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DerrickFarthing,

I am so glad you asked "before" you bought.    Requirements for No Man's Sky

You will have to compromise, as your I5-7400 is about 17% below the recommended.

If you bought a GTX 1050Ti single slot card, you would be OK. See comparison of the minimum GTX 480 vs the GTX 1050Ti.

The HP 570 p552na has a Lubin motherboard.  The card you selected, is a dual slot card. The issue is the 24 pin ATX power header and cabling.  A long card fill not lock in to place, as it will strike the bundle. You need to measure the space from the expansion slot to the wiring bundle, and take-off a 1/2".

Lubin motherboard.JPG

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Many Thanks WB2001,

If I bought a GTX 1050Ti card would I still need to upgrade the PSU? Presumably yes? Also, I will measure and allow an extra 1/2 inch before buying a card. I'm trying to research as much as possible now to avoid probs later!!

Best Regards

Derrick

HP Recommended

Hi WB2001,

I took heed of all advice and have installed a TX550M PSU and a Geforce GTX 1650 Super GPU.

All up and running, graphics are brilliant hence this reply.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Derrick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.