Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 8GB 1TB 128GB Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ashampoo_Snap_27 November 2019_10h44m14s_001_.pngAshampoo_Snap_27 November 2019_10h46m12s_002_.pngHi

This a brand new desktop computer after the last one died after I put it through hell in the last 9 yrs. Something I noticed yesterday and that is it has two main drives.

C: Windows which only has 118gbs and 7.57 GBs free and the second one which is 😧 Data which has 931GBs and 913GBs free.

So how can this be that I'm running out of GBs after 10 days?

I've had to insert photo's because there isn't any attachment key. As you can see I have two main drives. So are there actually 2 drives or is 1 'Virtual' 

I'd like to sort this out as I'm running out of road here and have a load of software waiting to be uploaded.

Thanks for any help here.

Michael. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For some reason the HP support servers are not answering, so I had to resort to other sites to give me the specs on a PC with the description you gave.  Here is one very similar, or it might be the one in question.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5...

Notice in the specs

• Storage Type
    SSD, HDD
  • Total Storage Capacity
    1128 gigabytes
  • Solid State Drive Capacity
    128 gigabytes
  • Hard Drive Capacity
    1000 gigabytes

The 128 Gb SSD is the C drive and the 1Tb is the DATA D drive.  If the OS or you does not direct the additional data going to the drives, Windows will place it on the C: drive, so anything that has been added since the PC was new is going on C:  Any downloads, pictures etc needs to be sent to the D drive

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

For some reason the HP support servers are not answering, so I had to resort to other sites to give me the specs on a PC with the description you gave.  Here is one very similar, or it might be the one in question.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5...

Notice in the specs

• Storage Type
    SSD, HDD
  • Total Storage Capacity
    1128 gigabytes
  • Solid State Drive Capacity
    128 gigabytes
  • Hard Drive Capacity
    1000 gigabytes

The 128 Gb SSD is the C drive and the 1Tb is the DATA D drive.  If the OS or you does not direct the additional data going to the drives, Windows will place it on the C: drive, so anything that has been added since the PC was new is going on C:  Any downloads, pictures etc needs to be sent to the D drive

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

@944327,

This guide will help you assign folders.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Just wanted to say I understood every word you said, maybe its because we are both old men LOL:

Any thanks for the answer I'll give it a thumbs up and mark the post as solved.

Cheers

Michael.

HP Recommended

Great.  Glad to help.  Us both being old may help in communications, as the youngsters tend to talk and think differently.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.