Joey_Robison60
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New Envy Desktop 750-524 only has 118 GB Hard Drive instead of 1T

HP Recommended
Envy Desktop 750-524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased from Best Buy a brand new HP Envy Desktop 750-524 that is supposed to have 1T Hard Drive memory.  I just noticed that it is showing that I only have 118 GB of Hard Drive memory.  Is there something I need to do with the computer in order to get full use of the 1T hard drive?  Maybe I'm missing something.  Usually when the specifications on the box state " Hard Drive Size: 1T" you get 1T (not 118 GB).  Does anyone have an idea of what's going?  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,684 93,341 12,270 26,101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows its specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05380394

It has TWO (2) physical HDD's acutally one 128GB SSD and one 1TB HDD. Open File Explorer (old Windows Explorer) you should see 3 logical drives C:, 😧 and one other.

• C: and 😧 are on same physical drive which is SSD (total 128GB - actually less).
  • Other is on one physical drive and it has 1TB (actually less)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation