Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EX920 M.2 1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP EX920 M.2 1TB does not show up in my storage. My motherboard is an ASUS Prime X470-Pro. I have it installed under the M.2 heatsink. The drive appears in my bios but when I boot up my computer I don’t see it in my storage. I tried playing around with my bios and enabling NVME raid and things like that but no luck. I’m a bit lost as to what to do here. I initially thought it was a compatibility issue but since it’s in the bios it must my motherboard has to know it’s there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It might be a good idea to set the BIOS back to defaults to avoid additional complications. Then save and exit. Now make sure the MB M.2 slot you used is set to x4 in the BIOS.

New storage devices will not appear in File Explorer until you format the device.

You can do this in Disk Management which is found in Administrative Tools, Computer Management. The drive should appear in Disk Management in "Offline" status.

Right-click on the disk.

Select Create New Simple Volume.

Follow the prompts.

Additional thoughts: Most folks use NVME drives as the OS boot device. Are you having a problem installing Windows on this drive or are checking for this drive in File Explorer?

The BIOS storage settings should be set to AHCI for best results unless you intend to do RAID.

You need to boot W10 installation media in UEFI mode and use GPT with the NVME drive. W10 setup will not see the drive if you Legacy boot (non UEFI).

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It might be a good idea to set the BIOS back to defaults to avoid additional complications. Then save and exit. Now make sure the MB M.2 slot you used is set to x4 in the BIOS.

New storage devices will not appear in File Explorer until you format the device.

You can do this in Disk Management which is found in Administrative Tools, Computer Management. The drive should appear in Disk Management in "Offline" status.

Right-click on the disk.

Select Create New Simple Volume.

Follow the prompts.

Additional thoughts: Most folks use NVME drives as the OS boot device. Are you having a problem installing Windows on this drive or are checking for this drive in File Explorer?

The BIOS storage settings should be set to AHCI for best results unless you intend to do RAID.

You need to boot W10 installation media in UEFI mode and use GPT with the NVME drive. W10 setup will not see the drive if you Legacy boot (non UEFI).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.