Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 550-135w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 550-135w and I'm gonna upgrade it, I already know what ram and GPU I'm gonna use im just stuck on what power supply will work and fit with my system, What power supply do you recommend?, Please and thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ManCityFTW , welcome to the forum.

The best way to know if a new power supply unit (PSU) will work is, measure the current PSU and compare those measurements to the one that you choose.  You can buy any standard ATX PSU.  I like Corsair products.  The fully modular PSU's work best in smaller mid-size cases.  They allow you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary.  The PSU is the backbone of your system.  Here is a PSU that should work for you:  https://www.newegg.com/corsair-sf-series-sf600-600w/p/N82E16817139155

If you decide not to buy the one in my link, it will give you a good idea of what you need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Could the thermal take 500w work or the cx 600, lemme know and thanks

HP Recommended

@ManCityFTW , while I would recommend a full modular PSU, either of the ones that you mention should work if the measurements are close to the current PSU.  The main thing is to have enough space for them to fit properly.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

The PSU I have right now is the hp 180w, isn't their a measurement on a website because I've seen it on a post before on here. Please let me know and thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.