romina
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New computer ridiculously slow

HP Recommended
Pavilion HP 24-B209A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Anyone have performance issues with brand new HP 24-B209A?? I have used it for two days and it has hardly anything stored on it. The performance is so bad, ridiculously slow. When I type, the words are delayed by like 10 seconds. The sales guy assured me it would be fine for using Photoshop and InDesign, but if I can’t ecen type in real-time, that seems highly unlikely.
3 REPLIES 3
romina
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not sure if it’s running 32 or 64 bit. Is it perhaps (hopefully) just a settings issue? Or does t sound faulty? Or just a crappy model? Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,758 6,742 636 1,521
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi romina

Please review this HP Support document for assistance.

A brand new PC should run as smooth as butter.

A discouraging Out of Box Experience would cause me to think about possibly returning the PC for a refund or a different HP product.

Hardware upgrades for this model are limited to adding RAM or replacing the HDD with a faster SSD. The processor is not upgradable. Graphics is not upgradable.

You may have many programs running at startup. Did you check Task Manager to see how many processes are running and how many programs run at startup?

Maybe your keyboard is bad. Try a different keyboard. Is the system generally running slow or is it just a typing problem?

Tom

0 Kudos
romina
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, Tom. I ended up taking it back today to get checked and they said it was due to a bunch of updates happening at the same w, while I was working. It seems better now.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation