Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am so frustrated with HP's "customer service". I will never buy an HP product again, because of their  horrendous customer service and the fact that HP either doesn't honor their warranties or they make it exceedingly difficult to do so.

I have an HP chromebook Pavilion 14-c015dx that has a malfunctioning touchpad and no one from HP is helping me. (Intermittently, my touchpad won't work. The cursor/pointer starts to shake/vibrate making it almost impossible to click on what's intended and the scroll function freezes up. Also, a powerwash has not fixed the problem.) I started calling a couple of weeks ago, while still under the one year warranty. HP told me my chromebook was out of warranty. It was not. They had an incorrect purchase date. They told me to scan and send proof of purchase. I did, twice, to two different people and two different email addresses. I was told my chromebook would be repaired and to wait for the box to ship it in. I have an order numberBFBB4515, but I have received nothing. According to the order status online, it says, waiting for customer action.  I was told by one of the several people I've spoken to that he would personally make sure my issue would be solved, but refused to give me his full name. Now when I reply to the emails I previously got from customer service, I get automated replies stating my chromebook is out of warranty and I can no longer get email support. I just called customer service, and he said I still need to send in my receipt for proof of purchase. SERIOUSLY? HP, you are doing terrible business by making it so difficult for people to have their problems fixed. And shame on you for not honoring your warranties. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bassplayinlady ,

I sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @bassplayinlady ,

I sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks George.

HP Recommended

HP will NOT honor the warranty in my case either!!!! I've contacted HP on numerous occasions regarding the "lemon" computer I purchased, and I spoke to a case manager (Tammy) who promised to help with  this matter. However, when I requested a box be sent to me, in order for me to return the computer for repairs, I was informed that HP would NOT honor the warranty (because of scratches on the tiny ID panel underneath the computer)!!!!

1). The computer is still under warranty until January, 20th 2015.

2). I have proof of purchase and all legal documentations for this device.

3). HP's case manager (Tammy) already promised to resolve this issue.

I will NEVER purchase another HP product, because HP will not follow through on their promises!

HP Recommended

@mandymxic ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the prompt response. However, I've already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I DEMAND a REFUND!

HP Recommended

Hi mandymxic,

That sounds so frustrating and I definitely feel your pain, (been there, done that.) but Kevin will probably be able to help you. From my experience calling customer service was useless. I couldn't even tell you how many different people I spoke to, how many duplicate emails I responded to, or how many hours this all took me, but it wasn't until I came to this forum that something actually got done. HP needs to revamp their whole customer service program because they are going to lose a lot of customers, but if you want to get your computer fixed...you should deal with one of the moderators here. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for your response. I'm VERY FRUSTRATED right now! The case manager (Tammy) had already agreed to work with me to resolve the issue, that's how I know about the box to return the computer, and when I called back she said, "NO, WE CHANGED OUR MINDS"!!!! How RUDE is that??? They're grasping at straws to get out of repairing the "lemon" computer by saying it has scratches on the ID label, and that had NOTHING to do with the computer freezing up, etc! I'm really DISGUSTED with HP right now, and I just want a refund at this point.

I told the case manager (Tammy) that I would contact the Better Business Bureau, and she smugly stated, "If that's what you need to do". I KEEP MY PROMISES!

HP Recommended

I get your frustration, but I don't think contacting BBB with get your money back or get your computer fixed. The moderators here seem to be totally unrelated to the customer service people (foreigners) you talk to on the phone. If you message Kevin, you will get immediate help. 

HP Recommended

Me too.  I have an HP laptop that is less than 1 month old.  HP's database shows it was manufactured July, 2016.  I am the first register owner.  The memory failed.  The first HP technician I talked to promised to have the replacement memory to me within 48 hours.  The next day, I get an email requesting proof of purchase, which I returned the same day.  Then I get a phone call and an email that they were not going to honor their one-year manufacturer's warranty.  They maintain that woot.com is not a authorized dealer, but the manufacturer warranty is a warranty by the manufacturer, not the dealer.  I find it rediculous that a manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty on a new system less than one month from purchase.

In this case, Woot has issued me a $45 partial refund for me to purchase my own replacement warranty.  I still say that HP is looking for any "loophole" to get out of backing their warranty.  I will be tweeting about this and letting all of my IT connections know about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.