Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
JereCo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nvidia Geforce

HP Compaq 8000 small form fact
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone! I have a quick question that I hope can be answered fairly quickly as this is the last ting I need to know before buying this PC. 

I am wanting to buy this PC HP Compaq 8000 Small form factor , but I couldn't find any specs on video cards. I need a VERY decent video card because I am a digital artist. I have always had Nvidia cards and they have always worked great, so, was wondering if any of you spec genius' could tell me if the MSI Nvidia GEForce is compatible? If not, what would you recommend?

I also need to do a memory upgrade, what is compatible?

Thank you in advance ;)

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71772 8668 18663
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nvidia Geforce

Hi,

This is a series of many machines. One machine can have at least one of the following options:

• Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 (integrated)

• Nvidia GeForce 3G210 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)

• Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)

• Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)

• ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)

• HP ADD2 SDVO + DVI-D Video Adapter (SFF)(CMT)

• HP DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter (SFF)(CMT)

• HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (SFF)(CMT)

Source:   http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01926347

You have to see it first, you still do not know what is inside. After that, you can use options above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
JereCo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nvidia Geforce

Hi there! Thank you so, so much. As per your advice, I will wait until delivery to see how we did. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
JereCo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nvidia Geforce

I received the order, and unfortunately it came with Intel Q45 video card, which is not going to work with my Digital arts programs. Basically what I have found is that it doesnt have GPU and it is desperately needed, so, I am back at square one.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation