Saamhraut
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Nvme ssd

HP Recommended
Elite desk 705 g1 dm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade nvme ssd to m.2 slot... I install the ssd also .. while installing windows .I can see the ssd drive but in boot menu it is not visible.

Please help me.. 

Or provide me bios update link

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 8
2,027 2,014 75 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Saamhraut -- I VERY MUCH DOUBT that any BIOS UPDATE will be helpful. There are far too many postings on this discussion board of "failed" BIOS UPDATES that have turned the motherboard into a "brick".  My recommendation is to NOT update the BIOS, especially not as the first step.

So, power-on the computer, and enter BIOS SETUP.

Does it list the M.2 device, the NVME device, and the SSD device?  It should.

When you exit from BIOS SETUP, you will only see a list of devices that CURRENTLY are bootable.

Any "empty" device (no files on the device) will not be listed.

When you launch the Windows Installer (from DVD or USB memory-stick), you should get a list of your devices that the Installer can use as a target for the installation of Windows. Correct?

Your feedback?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation