Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0813a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi a simple question - Can I upgrade my 2 x 8Gb memory modules to 4 x 8Gb on this OMEN computer (it has a total of four slots) or will I have to replace with 2 x 16Gb to take it up to 32GB RAM?

IMG_6352.jpgIMG_6351.jpg

Where on earth can I buy these modules... they don't appear on HP store or parts.hp sites even though the computer in under warranty.

I can see all sorts of issues with upgrading using items available on Amazon or elsewhere, with a reduction from 32000Mhz  but I am at a loss why a large company like HP doesn't seem to have stock for products that it sells.

I've looked at the spec documents, and some excellent feedback in forums but wanted to help and guidance before I purchase these.

Thanks in advance!

OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0813a Manuals | HP® Customer Support

OMEN 25L GT11, GT12, 30L GT13 Desktop PCs - Recommended Proper Memory Module Configurations When Upg...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

That's good, look at this topic here

Solved: Re: Overclocking RAM in the BIOS - HP Support Community - 8166347
at priory this should help you ..
do you really need 32gb of ram, that is not necessarily certain

HyperX XMP RGB 16 GB
  • Amount: 16 GB
  • Speed: PC4-25600 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-3200

the motherboard

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Supports up to 64 GB (unbuffered) with 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit computers
note:
Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system

if you already have 2 * 8gb, you can install two other mods, but risk of incompatibility between them
to see if buying two 16 gb modules, will be more interesting or not, instead of 4 * 8 gb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.