Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN X P1000-000

Hi everyone!

Does the Thunderbolt 3 port in OMEN X P1000-000 conforms to any Power Delivery specification? Which currents/voltages does the port support as a power source?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@i314
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This computer goes with USB Type-C Thunderbolt port with HP Sleep and Charge, Even when the computer is off, connects and charges most USB devices that have a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides highspeed data transfer.

Almost all devices that support USB 3.1 use the USB-C port can deliver a power output of up to approximately 5 to 20 volts (100 watts)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Thank you for the answer!

"Almost all" maybe not enough for our case :generic: Our company is developing a VR system to work with the Omen PC, and we are seeking for a way to provide enough power for the system.

Is there a possibility to find out which power modes are supported by a particular PC model?

HP Recommended

@i314

The devices consume less than 30 watts of power in low-power mode (30 W for the computer and 30 W for the monitor). 
Most power management savings come from reducing power when the machine is not fully active by adding low-power or “sleep” modes that kick in when idle. “Sleep” modes usually involve slowing the clock rate of the central processing unit (CPU), and may include spinning down the hard disk.

Click here to know "Managing Power Options"

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

More precisely the question is which Power Delivery modes are definitely supported by OMEN X P1000. Maybe 5V 1.5A, 5V 3A or some modes with higher voltages.

HP Recommended

@i314
It means that your adapter is capable of supplying 5V and up to 1.2A. So the value 1.5 Ah output is the 'maximum’ supplyable, not a 'fixed’ one.
All the computer devices have an embedded voltage regulator, with a certain % of tolerance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you mean that Thunderbolt 3 port on OMEN X P1000 is able to provide 1.2A at 5V?

HP Recommended

@i314

The USB Type-C Thunderbolt port on OMEN X P1000-000  goes with HP Sleep and Charge options. Even when the computer is off, connects and charges most USB devices that have a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides highspeed data transfer.

However, the USB 3.1 Type-C offer a transfer rate of approximately 10Gbps, which is double the transfer speed of USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). And also will offer approximately 20 volts and 5 amps of power, compared with the 5 volts and 1.8 amps of its predecessor.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The USB Type-C Thunderbolt port on OMEN X P1000-000  goes with HP Sleep and Charge options. Even when the computer is off, connects and charges most USB devices that have a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides highspeed data transfer.

However, the USB 3.1 Type-C offer a apental calc of approximately 10Gbps, which is double the transfer speed of USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). And also will offer approximately 20 volts and 5 amps of power, compared with the 5 volts and 1.8 amps of its predecessor.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.