Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
1WA76EA#AB7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i installed my new samsung 970 ssd on my laptop now what...i cannot see it on the windows. i have to install some software or there is another problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A new storage device may not appear in File Explorer until it is initialized, partitioned, and formatted. You may have to bring the disk online if it is in offline status in Disk Management before you can partition and format the disk.

The following article explains the process (Link).

Windows 10 has a native NVME driver. Samsung (Link) provides a NVME driver for your new 970.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A new storage device may not appear in File Explorer until it is initialized, partitioned, and formatted. You may have to bring the disk online if it is in offline status in Disk Management before you can partition and format the disk.

The following article explains the process (Link).

Windows 10 has a native NVME driver. Samsung (Link) provides a NVME driver for your new 970.

Regards

HP Recommended

thank you my friend ... i figured it out later thanks for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.