Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After disabling secure boot the desktop will not power on. It was powered for about 2min not showing any video though. I powered it off again now pushing power button does nothing. No lights except for the psu one will illuminate. I tried windows key + b still nothing. My warranty just expired and I just got this back from hp a month ago. This has happened before but usually comes back after some power drains which I annotated in the last service for a separate issue (failed graphics card). 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

First please try this...
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

This works for most HP Laptops (and some Desktops)...

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.