Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Zamido,

You may be able to reduce component temps (nothing is certain in life) by installing a AIO liquid cooling system.

You also need, at least, one more chassis exhaust fan to move the GPU heat out of the chassis.

But you have roadblocks such as no possible additional fan headers on the motherboard. And, installing a processor AIO liquid cooling system may require removing the motherboard to install the required processor socket backplate.

Not to mention you have the lack of open USB headers on the motherboard.

I don't know what to tell you.

You have some tough issues to solve if you want lower component temps.

Regards

HP Recommended

DGroves,

Okay.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

Let's move on.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks again! I was hoping for an easy additional fan, but I guess that's shot 😂, ah well.

HP Recommended

to Grzwacz, agreed.. both of us differ in our opinions and that's ok

i do want to point out that i happen to agree with many of your replys to people having problems, and think that they are for the most part in line with my thoughts, it's just that fluid dynamics is one of the courses i took and this is why i have a diffrent stance on case cooling

HP Recommended

Hi DGroves,

I will say I am impressed with your work in this forum.

I am retired. I now build and repair PCs and do the forum thing to keep the juices going. I have been building PCs since 1997.

I was a CPA throughout my career. Then slowly got sucked into IT with my firm.

Regards

HP Recommended

I too have bought the same computer on the Black Friday sale from Best Buy. I am also observing temperatures of around 83 to 87 degrees Celsius while playing Battlefield V. I did remove the side panel and it did lower the temperatures down about 5 degrees. I too am concerned with these temperatures and I am considering returning to computer even though I got a great deal on it.

HP Recommended

Hi BigDave636,

Sustained CPU or GPU temps in the 80+ degree Celsius area when gaming is not good.

Regards

HP Recommended

So should I return the computer? I was just watching some YouTube videos of people showing the stats on their video cards on the Alienware Aurora gaming computers and they are all also running in the 80s while playing Battlefield V.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Only you can make this decision.

My CPU temps intermittantly spike to the mid 70 degrees Celsius range when running games with side panels intact. Average sustained temps are in the mid to high 60 degree Celsius range.

Sustained 80+ degree temps will slowly kill your processor. Have you checked VRM, PCH, and system board temps?

Alienware is Dell. 

uATX cases are hard to cool.

I use Mid Tower ATX cases or higher in my builds.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.I'm currently playing AC Oddyssey and the temperature is 83-85 C.I have even attached a case fan to the ceiling....I think the fan of the GPU and the missing front fan is the problem.I'll probably change the case the days ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.