Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EOmen 875-1055XTxample: Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know if my Omen desktop supports SSD Gen4 drives?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

are you saying  SSD 2.5" SATA drives or M.2. ( I will answer for SATA real drives)

?????

There is no GEN 4 here,   and what M.2 can do ive no clue.

are you asking SATA port speed?  that is easy to know by reading your PC spec or what south bridge you have datasheet.

your spec clearly state 6 (sata3) as does intels south bridge, Z390H

Z390H  SATA(3) = 6   6000Mb/s  or 600MB/s raw or real world max (not seen on any HDD) is...

there is no drives that can do that.  so.??

3,500 MB/s, is max now for. M.2 ,7000 is Gen 4, theory spec, no hardware can do that)

2.5 " click that here. all real speeds are there, no better place to see them all,  look there first. see only M.2 is fast.

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/

if question is m.2. IDK only HP does.

but  no GEN4 here./

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi

Two M.2 socket 3, key M (one for SSD card PCIe x4)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

While only one of the two pieces of documentation referenced even mention the SSD/Hard drive configuration, the notes do not mention at all what generation of SSD is supported. Obviously, it supports SSD Gen3 - what I am trying to find out is if SSD Gen4 is supported. All the documentation I have read through, plus the two referenced in the answer don't cover this at all.

Chris.

HP Recommended

Hello
indeed my answer is not sufficient ..
I'm looking for more information, but I'm wasting a lot of time for nothing
However, if we look at the description of the motherboard, it is not terrible.
But I think that we can deduce from other PCI ports, that it is gen3

PCIe: PCIex16 Gen3

from what i found the z390 chipset would indeed be gen 3 only

Otherwise, I don't know if it can work, maybe with software that can give more info about the motherboard ..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.